KATC’s Show Me the Money Contest
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the KATC Show Me the Money Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the state of Louisiana who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of KATC (“Sponsor”), Cordillera Communications, Inc., Evening Post Publishing Company, and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live.
3. How To Enter. The Contest will begin at 5:00 p.m. (C.T.) on Thursday, April 25, 2013 and end at 11:00 p.m. (C.T.) on Wednesday, May 22, 2013 (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor will be the official timekeeper for the Contest.
To qualify for the prize drawing, (a) you must be watching the KATC 5pm (C.T.) or 6pm (C.T.) newscast at the time the Money Word of the Day is broadcast; (b) you must correctly input the Money Word of the Day on your entry form; and (c) you must comply with all other terms and conditions of these Official Rules. The determinations of Sponsor and Contest operators will be final and binding in all respects.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT KATC MAY ANNOUNCE YOUR FULL NAME LIVE ON-AIR IF YOU ARE RANDOMLY SELECTED AS A POTENTIAL WINNER AND YOU HEREBY CONSENT TO KATC DOING SO. YOU ALSO REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE SUBMITTING YOUR CONTEST ENTRY ON YOUR BEHALF AND NOT ON BEHALF OF ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL.
You may enter the Contest one (1) time each weekday during the Contest Period. Multiple entries by means of software-generated or other automated processes will be disregarded. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically-reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled or illegible entries will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, KATC, or Sponsor’s Contest application service provider(s). In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent, provided that such person satisfies all other Contest eligibility requirements. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account.
Entrants accessing KATC’s broadcast via IP or mobile connections like website-based streaming or mobile devices are welcome to enter. However, KATC is not responsible for delays in electronic transmission of any broadcast to IP/streaming or mobile devices.
4. Winner Selection and Odds. On or about 8:00 p.m. (C.T.) each weekday during the Contest Period, Sponsor will select one (1) Prize Winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received that day.
Odds of winning on any particular day depend on the number of eligible entries received on that particular day.
5. Prize Description.
Twenty (20) Prizes: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, each Prize Winner will receive one (1) $300 Visa gift card.
Limit: One (1) prize per person and per household.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance.
Each weekday during the Contest Period, during the 10:00 p.m. (C.T.) newscast on KATC, Sponsor will air a live announcement of the name of an entrant randomly selected from among all eligible entries received between 5:00 p.m. (C.T.) and 7:30 p.m. (C.T.) that day.
Any individual claiming to be the entrant whose name was announced will need to verify his or her entry information, including the mailing address on his or her entry form, in order to claim his or her prize. In the event that multiple prize claims are made by individuals with the same names in response to a prize announcement, the prize will go to the individual whose mailing address matches the mailing address specified on the entry form randomly drawn as the potential winner for such announcement, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
To claim his/her prize, the potential winner must personally visit Sponsor’s offices at 1103 Eraste Landry Road in Lafayette, LA within 14 days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9 a.m. (C.T.) and 5 p.m. (C.T.) weekdays) and must present a valid government-issued photo ID. Potential winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be notarized and returned to Sponsor within fourteen (14) days of notification.
The failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, and/or a potential winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the potential winner’s disqualification and the selection of a substitute winner by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received that day. Sponsor will conduct up to one (1) alternate drawing for each weekday during the Contest Period, after which the prize will remain unawarded. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED THEIR VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY.
Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. No substitutions allowed by winner. A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability.
Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner will be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete IRS W-9 form(s) in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor.
7. Publicity. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner’s irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and its licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation.
8. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR Cordillera Communications, Inc., Evening Post Publishing Company, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE.
9. Limitations of Liability. By PARTICIPATING IN the Contest, PARTICIPANTs acknowledge and agree that EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING THE WEB SITE AND THE prize(S), ARE provided “as is” and that Sponsor makeS no representations or warranties OF ANY KIND, express or implied, about the Prize(S) and sponsor hereby DISCLAIMS all such warranties, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by PARTICIPANTs, printing OR PRODUCTION errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or EMPLOYED in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, or the notification of any winner; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from A PARTICIPANT’S participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Contest. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
10. Participation and Construction. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Contest judges selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
11. Sponsor. The KATC Show Me the Money Contest is sponsored by KATC. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Contest. For a list of winners (available after May 22, 2013) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), KATC Show Me the Money Contest, KATC Communications, 1103 Eraste Landry Road, Lafayette, LA, 70506.